Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cosyntropin Stimulation Test

The test I had done today tests the adrenal glands next to the kidneys. It is a sister disease to Hashimotos, which we are on a standstill for a diagnosis. My anti thyroid antibodies were 32. Normal is below 20. So it is elevated, but not high enough to warrant diagnosis. So they are looking into other possibilities. The test done today was supposed to give me an adrenaline rush and see how well my body tolerated it. It didn't go so well. I went into anaphylactic shock. Apparently one more thing I can add to my allergy list. Fever, flushed face, hives, blood pressure dropped, and breathing dropped and became shallow. I've spent the afternoon trying to change the tires on my electric wheelchair. Finally got everything apart, but I'll have to re-order a different type of tire for the caster front wheels. Now I just need my husbands muscles to put it all back together! Pictures are definitely to come...since my wheelchair is taking up the entire living room in pieces!





That fluff of fur I pulled out of my caster tire. That is disgusting!



This tire will never go flat because it is foam filled. But as you can see the threads--this is the very reason I need to replace the tires.





No comments:

Post a Comment