Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Homemade Dog Shampoo!

I decided to document the making of dog shampoo. I've made it in the past, but decided to try a different soap this time.


2 cups Dawn Dish Soap
2 cups Apple Cider Vinegar
2 cups H20 (water)
3 oz. of Glycerin (Can be found by the hydrogen peroxide @ Walmart)


Last time I used Ivory dish soap, but the smell irritated my eyes, so I decided to try the Dawn this time. The original recipe calls for 4 oz. of Glycerin, but I'm giving 3 oz. a try, since it enables me to get 2 batches out of 1 bottle.




All of the bottles were filled except the Ivory bottle (from an old batch, and the bottle to the right of the Ivory bottle. It is only about 1/4 full. The sweet relish bottle has a good suction top (anti squeeze too much) lid so it works well. The Tressemme bottle held a lot, so when we get settled in a more permanent house I will invest in stockpiling dog shampoo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment