Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Seizure at Dress Rehearsal

Today was our 1st dress rehearsal. We'll have another 1 tomorrow from 6-9pm. Then Thursday and Friday we will perform in the North Davis Special Needs play production called "How the West was Sung". The practice went well, and we worked out several kinks.


After we got off stage and sat back down, I felt a slight chill, then I felt really hot. I got a sick feeling in my stomach and my right arm started shaking. I made my way to the aisle where the head group lady was and notified her that I wouldn't need an ambulance but felt like I was going to have a seizure. A few minutes after I was sitting on the ground I laid down with my head cushioned on the blanket we brought and the seizure started. Thankfully the seizure didn't cycle into several seizures, but was longer than some I've had. Considering it has been 8 months since my last full blown seizure I can't really complain. I've had seizure activity and facial twitching, but I've gotten pretty good at avoiding full on seizures. 


Tomorrow I'm going to try wearing my wrap around sunglasses in case the stage lights triggered my seizure. I'm really sensitive around sunlight and flourescent lights. 


Otherwise the practice went well. Everyone really liked the cardboard cow and 3 chickens that we made. They looked really sharp on stage. 


I think 3/4 of the people in my group have some form of a seizure disorder, since they were telling me about VNS, and how it worked for them. They were reassuring me that they have seizures too. I was still a bit embarrassed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment