Sunday, April 1, 2012

General Conference!

I decided to try out a new font for a change. I enjoyed General Conference! There were a few talks that stood out to me in particular. I can't wait to read them again in the Ensign or online. I got a lot of planting done during the last session. I had little peat pellets that I soaked in water and put in little bathroom dixie cups. I planted a lot of yellow squash, green zucchini, and some cantaloupe. The marigolds, basil, climbing flower Nastuarium, and tomatoes grew and I transferred them to a raised box of dirt. I had to cover them with plastic bags and weight them down with water jugs, since we were supposed to get some snow on Sunday. It turned out that some fell, but nothing stuck, let alone accumulated. 


I enjoyed a soak in the hot tub last night even though the water was not very hot. The power went out recently and the tub went into econo mode, so the water was a mere 83 degrees. Something didn't go right with the new bromine tablets since I got hives even after showering. I found a clever recipe online using baking soda and water to make a paste. My sister gave me a nice coat over which actually worked!! I think probably even better than calamine lotion for the chicken pox! It is our neighbor's hot tub and we are house sitting for them. So not sure how to fix the hot tub. 


We had eggs, bacon, and bunny rolls. Rolls that were shaped to look like bunnies. It was fun! 


I finally received my wedding photos from 2 years and 4 months ago. They arrived on Saturday. I've got them uploaded to facebook, but will be working on updating them up here soon. This week is Spring Break, so we are probably going on day trips most of the week. There are not many things locally you can go visit without paying about $5 a person. It will take some creativity! 


I'm trying to stay positive and level-headed about my abilities. I must have a lot more to learn, since no resolution for my health has been found. I've recently learned about PET scans, genetics, and spinal taps. The 3rd sounds painful to me, but the PET scan can distinguish neurological conditions that an EEG can't. So I'm really interested in having a PET scan done in the near future. My doctor recommended that I go to the Mayo clinic in Arizona. I'm just not sure I'm ready to go that far in debt right now. If I get disability or we are more financially settled I think I'd be more open to it. It's hard to find those few level headed doctors, and I think that is part of my concern. University of Utah is supposedly a really good hospital and we didn't have much success there. Other than the fact that I have very unique results they've never seen before. So you can see my hesitation to travel 14+ hours and spend lots of $$. I need to get to bed. I have an evening sewing class after our day trip adventures. I need to find a balance between what we do, so I don't trigger a cycle of seizures. I'm hoping to come up to Idaho when we drop off my sister at school for Spring. I'd really rather not be stuck inpatient due to a lack of seizure control. If that is part of the plan and would help process paperwork faster for medical help, I'm willing to be patient. Emphasis on the "IF". I'm looking forward to the things we are planning this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment