Monday, July 4, 2011

Ruby at 6 weeks!

 University of Utah Sleep Study Center! I had a sleep study to check my oxygen levels throughout the night, my brain waves (possibly to see why I wake up with migraines), and to see if I have restless leg syndrome (not that I think I have it). I slept really well from 9:30pm-2:30am. But I awoke when the room was frigid. The lady accidently turned the thermostat down in my room instead of a different ladies room. There were 6 sleep study rooms.  I know I got back to sleep, but it certainly wasn't as restful as at home. My mind wouldn't shut up. After being informed as to what every sensor and device attached to me did, it was hard to not think about it as I moved or shifted. They could track my eye movement, jaw movement, snoring--not that I snore, breathing, breath temperature, if I breathed through my nose or mouth, leg movement, my effort of exertion to breathe, brain waves, REM sleep, and heart monitors. There was a night camera on the wall to watch me sleep as well. I was definitely wired up. Kind of scary when I saw myself in the mirror. haha

I got a prescription for her to start out with. In 1 year, she'll take her test to be certified. 

                                   Homemade root beer and cream soda!

                                    Holly peeking into the basket at Ruby.




Ruby's bath! Holly was not thrilled because she feared that she was next! haha


We have found that Ruby likes to listen to music and have noise around her. She is quieter at night that way. We are hoping to find a ticking clock at D.I. to help as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment